By Angharad N. Valdivia
- Tackles numerous principal ideas and controversies, geared up into six components of research: foundations, construction, media content material, media audiences, results, and futures
- Provides an available aspect of access into this expansive and interdisciplinary field
- Includes the writings of popular media students, together with McQuail, Schiller, Gallagher, Wartella, and Bryant
- Now on hand in paperback for the direction market.
Read or Download A Companion to Media Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) PDF
Similar media studies books
This publication presents a transparent and authoritative advent to the rising Arab media industries within the context of globalization and its affects, with a spotlight on publishing, press, broadcasting, cinema and new media. via designated discussions of the legislation and economics of those industries, the authors argue that the political, technological and cultural alterations at the worldwide media scene have ended in the reorganization of the Arab media box.
Bringing jointly key writings with unique textbook fabric, the second one version of Media reports: the basic source explains imperative views and ideas inside of Media stories. Readers are brought to more than a few writing on media subject matters selling an knowing of the topic from either modern and historic views.
Political Scandals: the results of transitority Gratification questions no matter if the results linked to non-sex-based scandals hold larger consequences than sex-based political scandals within the twenty-first century. that includes a close research of over 50 political scandals, this ebook examines the effect these occasions have at the lives of political officers, their households, and public belief.
The paintings of Subtraction is the 1st full-length learn at the CD-ROM as an inventive platform. Bruno Lessard lines the increase and comparatively swift fall of the CD-ROM within the Eighties and Nineteen Nineties and its influence as an inventive platform for media artists equivalent to Jean-Louis Boissier, Zoe Beloff, Adriene Jenik, and Chris Marker.
- Soziologische Gegenwartsdiagnosen I: Eine Bestandsaufnahme (German Edition)
- Speaking Power to Truth: Digital Discourse and the Public Intellectual (Cultural Dialectics)
- The End of Normal: Identity in a Biocultural Era
Additional info for A Companion to Media Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
A Companion to Media Studies (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) by Angharad N. Valdivia